Welcome to my website! I am an economist working as Head of the Capital Markets/Financial Structure Division in the Directorate General Monetary Policy of the European Central Bank. Prior to joining the ECB, I have been an Economist in the Economics department of Deutsche Bundesbank.
I hold a PhD (Dr. rer. pol.) and an MA (Dipl.-Volskwirt) in economics from Bielefeld University. My research focuses on financial markets, monetary macroeconomics and applied econometrics, and my work has been published in refereed journals.
NEWS (more or less over the last 6 months)
- 15 Mar 2022 – Presentation of “Natural rate chimera and bond pricing reality” at Banque de France/Toulose School of Economics Seminar
- 29 Jan 2022 – Paper with Eser, Nyholm, Radde and Vladu on “Tracing the impact of the ECB’s asset purchase programme on the yield curve” accepted for publication at International Journal of Central Banking
- 26 Nov 2021 – Presentation of our book “Monetary Policy in Times of Crisis” at SUERF webinar, followed by discussion with Peter Praet, Sarah Holton, and Stefan Gerlach, moderated by Ernest Gnan.
- 19 Nov 2021 – Discussion of the great paper “The Term Structure of Interest Rates in a Heterogeneous Monetary Union” by Costain, Nuno and Thomas at Banque de France conference on Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy and Public Debt in a Post COVID World
- 18 Nov 2021 – Substantially revised version of our paper “Natural rate chimera and bond pricing reality” released as ECB Working Paper.
- 04 Nov 2021 – Presentation of our book “Monetary Policy in Times of Crisis” at Bruegel event “European monetary policy: lessons from the past two decades“, followed by discussion with Petra Geraats and Franesco Papadia.
This is my private website. The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Central Bank or the Eurosystem.
Last update: 17 March 2022